JOB AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
LAST UPDATE: 6/12/2019
National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)(added 6/12/2019)
NECA happen to have a position now available related to their own training and education. This person would work directly with their Development coordinator and would be in house. The salary range is 43-50k, with of course very nice benefits. They expect to fill this position within the next month.
Director of Educational Development & Members Services
Individual is responsible for coordinating and facilitating all educational aspects of the Chapter including, but not limited to, CSUSM Project Management Program, Lunch & Learns/Business & Breakfasts, NECA Courses, Roundtables, Web-Based Training, and Promotion of “Outside of Chapter” education.
In addition to education, this individual will also be responsible for:
Managing all Chapter social media accounts, posting subject to approval of Executive Director.
Assisting with Chapter events including, but not limited to, General Membership Meetings, Installation of Officers Dinner Dance, Benefit Golf Tournament, Day at the Races, and development and implementation of additional Chapter events.
Providing Student Outreach opportunities to the Chapter at both High Schools and Workforce Programs.
Professional Writing Skills
Microsoft 365 Office Suite Proficiency
Self-Motivated and Organized
Ability to Travel
If you are interested, please send your resumes to Karen Prescott-Loeffler at Kprescott@necasandiego.org.
HSMC Builders (added 6/4/2019)
HSMC is a growing developer in San Diego. They currently have 3 projects that range from multi-family to commercial, with more projects in the future. They are looking for a project engineer who is willing to learn and grow. Most of their work is located in Chula Vista at this time. Please contact Kevin O’Neill at email@example.com. if you are interested.
Synergy Electric Company INC. (added 5/24/2019)
Synergy Electric is looking to fill a Project Engineer position. They have so much work going on right now that they are looking to add a Project Engineer to their team. Synergy Electric is a union shop.
· Assists the Project Manager and Superintendent in overall project coordination
· Attend and document project meetings
· Updating Purchase Orders
· Update and maintain project filing system, all sets of drawings, specifications, and logs
· Review, evaluate, and transmit submittals
· Prepare complete, accurate, and timely submittal logs
· Prepare and maintain RFI logs, submittal logs
· Accurately process, distribute, and manage RFIs
· Prepare and document extra work orders
· Compile contract close out documents
· Assist Estimators with proposals
· Performing takeoffs for estimates
· Coordinating Subcontractor and Vendor proposals
· Attending Site Visits
· Bachelor’s degree or 3rd/4th year student in Bachelors program in construction or engineering or 1-2 years of experience
· Must understand the construction process from design through project close-out
· Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
· Ability to prioritize, complete tasks, and address issues in a timely manner
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work with a team and independently
. Possess excellent written and verbal skills
If you are interested in this offer, please contact Jerry Zapata at firstname.lastname@example.org
MOOR ELECTRIC INC. (added 5/24/2019)
Project Engineer/Admin. Assist, Position $15-17/hr, depending on experience
Part-Time, 15-20 hrs/week
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
-Ability to multi-task
-Attention to detail -Shows initiative
-Ability to follow through on tasks until completion -Work effectively under pressure and with deadlines -Ability to prioritize tasks and to manage time effectively -Excellent telephone skills
-Excellent verbal and written communication
-Must be friendly and personable
- QuickBooks Experience
-Experience with Excel spreadsheets &Microsoft Word
-Experience with Prism & DIR
Please email your resume to email@example.com
CalHomeCo Construction, Inc. (added 5/24/2019)
CalHomeCo Construction, Inc. is San Diego’s premier residential remodeling and new construction contractor.
Assists the Director of Construction, Project Manager and Lead Site/Foreman with construction projects of the company to ensure their completion according to plans, specifications, schedules, budgets and contractual commitments.
• Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Assist with planning, tracking and executing construction projects as directed.
• Assist with preparing scopes of work and soliciting bids from vendors and contractors.
• Assist with all material purchasing; ensuring that supplies, materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule
• Assist with inspection of construction work performed by staff or contractors.
• Assist with monitoring project budgets and maintaining accurate records regarding rehab projects, liability risks, and preventative maintenance projects.
• Assist with managing project schedules and ensure compliance with milestone timelines.
• Assist with the preparing of weekly, monthly and quarterly report summaries.
• May assist other corporate team members as required
• A high school diploma or GED is required
• College degree program enrollment, in related industry/field, is required
• Completion of education/training in related real estate/construction industry courses preferred
• Prefer prior work experience in a professional environment
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of office system computer software
• Attention to detail, effective communication, organization of time and information, interpersonal skills including listening, questioning, seeking clarification, and teamwork
• Problem solving with a deadline and results oriented approach to projects
• Self-starter, able to work independently
• Reading comprehension and interpretation for market research
• Willingness to learn industry specific terminology
• Strong writing and computer skills (Mandatory: Excel, Word, G Suite, Slack)
• Proficient typing
To apply, please email resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agiletee Inc. (added 4/30/2019)
Agiletee, Inc. is looking for recent graduates in the field of Construction Management in San Diego with an approximate start in summer 2019. The candidate will be in an office environment working with cost and schedule, with an emphasis on cost engineering. Experience with Primavera P6 is a bonus. Please contact Joel at Joel@agiletee.com for more information.
West Coast Air (added 4/29/2019)
West Coast Air is a local, family owned General Contractor that offers great growth opportunities in the construction industry. They are currently performing a large amount of work in the Orange County area and are looking for an entry level Project Engineer to assist their management team in completing these projects. Applicant must be willing to work anywhere in San Diego, Riverside and Orange County areas. Primary responsibilities include field operations support. You will report to the Project Manager assigned to each project and serve as an extension of the Project Manager. The Project Engineer is ultimately responsible for understanding and accomplishing the customer’s goals while protecting and promoting the interests of West Coast Air.
Visit the site to familiarize yourself with the site conditions and scope of work.
Prepare quantity takeoffs as required.
Assist Project Manager in review of contracts and proposals.
Review specifications and scope of work.
Prepare and distribute RFI’s and submittals as required.
Manage project specific materials and equipment purchases including sourcing, maintaining subcontractor relations, ordering and tracking deliveries, and receiving and processing invoices.
Prepare and issue purchasing documents (i.e.: Subcontracts, Purchasing Orders, Service Agreements) with the Project Manager.
Assist with the preparation of cost sheets for each project to maintain purchasing control.
Support field operation in expediting schedule, completion of pertinent paperwork and expediting materials.
Support Operations and Project Manager with client communication regarding project schedules.
Maintain client relationships.
Develop project specific Safety Programs in coordination with Safety Manager and Project Manager.
Collaborate with Project Manager to prepare and submit Change Orders to the client.
Assist and support Project Manager by attending project meetings with Owner, Architect, and Subcontractors.
PROJECT CLOSE OUT
Attend and setup punch list walk-through as needed; compile the punch list and forward to Project Manager and Superintendent.
Provide required close out information to the client at the end of the project (record drawings, O&M, warranties).
Assist Project Manager to make sure the project is 100% closed out with Accounting.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Rachael Gonzalez, email@example.com with “Project Engineer” in the subject line.
San Diego Regional Airport Authority (added 4/22/2019)
The Airport Design & Construction Department (ADC) is searching for an organized individual with demonstrated experience, strong interpersonal communication skills, and analytical competencies for an Estimator role. ADC expects to implement the Authority’s Airport Development Plan, which is expected to include the design and construction of terminal, airside and landside improvements, and is responsible for the definition, planning, design, construction and close-out of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and Major Maintenance Program (MMP) projects. ADC projects are implemented using a variety of delivery methods, including design-build and design-bid- build.
The position will provide cost estimates with primary emphasis on budget and conceptual costs, evaluation of contractor cost proposals, and analysis of contractor cost data. Representative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Produces conceptual cost estimates from conceptual plans and specifications, descriptive narratives and other drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Reviews contractor cost proposals by analyzing cost information, production rates, equipment and labor cost data from contract requirements, proposed and actual construction materials, means and methods, and other various sources including coordinating with the project management and construction team.
- Monitors, reviews, and facilitates the timely, fair, and reasonable resolution of contractor cost proposals.
- Prepares detailed take-off estimates with documentation of estimate logic and methods using detailed knowledge of specialized estimating and construction software and other tools.
- Oversees the work of consultant cost estimators as necessary.
- Trains, mentors and develops junior estimating staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Sundt (added 4/18/2019)
Sundt is looking for 2 interns for their San Diego summer team, 1 in pre-con, 1 in the field. Please see attached for position description.
Contact: Madison J. Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anning-Johnson (added 3/26/2019)
Anning-Johnson is currently looking for an estimating intern here in San Diego. In San Diego, they specialize in: Interior & Exterior Framing, Drywall, Fireproofing, Lath & Plaster, and Exterior Systems. Please contact/send your resume to Tim Roberts at: email@example.com for all hiring inquires.
Link to website: http://anningjohnson.com/
If you know Evan Rossi, our VP External, feel free to mention his name or reach out to him about interning with AJ at firstname.lastname@example.org, as he currently works there.
GEM Industrial Inc. (added 3/11/2019)
GEM Industrial, Inc. is currently looking for a Field Engineer intern in San Diego County. GEM Industrial specializes in public works contracts. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Annette Lane Annette@gemindustrialinc.com .
Hensel Phelps (added 2/12/2019) -
Hensel Phelps has recently received a large amount of work in the Los Angeles area, specifically around LAX, and is looking for entry level employees to help get these projects completed. Conditions below
- Looking for the following position referrals: Field/Office Engineers, Project Engineers, and Estimators who are willing to work anywhere in the SoCal District
- Referral resumes should be sent to their project’s PM and he/she will conduct the initial candidate screening prior to referring on for a 2nd interview
- Mention of upcoming industry hire interview dates of February 22nd and March 22nd during which these referrals might be interviewed
Level 3 (added 1/30/2019) -
Project Engineer - NOW HIRING
Job Location: Vista
Coordinate and manage the flow of information to assist the Superintendent and Project Manager in the execution of the work. Through training and project experience, Level 3 Construction Project Engineers will gain a complete and thorough understanding of all phases of work, setting the foundation for future leadership roles within the company. The qualified individual is a hard worker with tenacious attention to detail that has a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related field. Applicable internship or field experience is preferred.
•Solid 2-5 years field experience
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Project Engineer” in the subject line
Or contact Mike Mahon at 760 448 5456 ext. 105
Project Estimator – NOW HIRING
Location – Vista
Estimator is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for private projects from $1 million to $15 million to ensure a responsive bidder process.
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate
- Review drawings and specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
- Insure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Participates in activities to support the company’s strategic planning efforts.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work, required proposal/bid deliverables, ascertain potential risks, follow-up for in-house operations plans, etc. for estimates and bids.
- Provide conceptual, schematic and final estimates.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the local market.
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job
- Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Generate RFIs to clarify bid documents.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Knowledge of ProEst, estimating software (not required, but preferred
Or contact Mike Mahon at 760 448 5456 ext. 105
Superintendent – NOW HIRING
Job Location: Vista
Sequence work, supervise subcontractors and manage the day-to-day field operations while analyzing and resolving complex problems in a fast-paced environment. Oversee and maintain the highest level of site safety as top priority each and every day. The qualified individual is a super-charged person who has extensive experience delivering projects on time and on budget in tandem with the Project Management Team.
- 5 plus years’ experience
- Ground up experience
- Proven experience leading teams on 2 or more mid-rise or high-rise buildings during career
Or contact Mike Mahon at 760 448 5456 ext. 105
Cox Construction (added 12/22/2018) - Cox is looking for a project engineer for public works general contracting. As a Project Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be involved in public works projects from the early stages of estimating and bidding through the completion of construction and project closeout. Typical projects range from $5M-$35M and are located throughout California. We are a well-established and well respected General Contractor located in north county San Diego.
Responsibilities Summary: As a Project Engineer, you are responsible for support of the Project Manager and Superintendent to ensure proper management and control of the total project scope as defined in the contract documents. The Project Engineer reports directly to the Project Manager and will typically be based out of the main office but may be based at the jobsite under special conditions. A Project Engineer’s main responsibilities are:
❖ Review construction submittals for contract compliance
❖ Maintain submittal logs and registers
❖ Create and maintain procurement logs
❖ Attend weekly jobsite meetings
❖ Assist other departments, primarily Estimating, as needed
❖ Assist in jobsite reviews of quality and safety, writing of RFI’s, and documentation.
❖ Onsite inspections of material to check for compliance with plans, specifications, and approved submittals
❖ Assist the Project Manager with preparing cost proposals, project schedule updates, writing subcontracts and purchase orders, and project buy out.
❖ LEED® documentation and tracking
❖ Project closeout, from assisting onsite management with test plans and testing, to finalizing as-builts and Operation & Maintenance Manuals
❖ Working knowledge of windows-based computer software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
❖ Knowledge in the field of construction management through experience and/or education
❖ Ability to engage in with team members with varying knowledge and experience and maintain a professional attitude
❖ Ability to read, interpret, and understand plans and specifications
❖ Self-motivated with strong self-management skills
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Performance Contracting (added 12/5/2018) - Performance Contracting’s San Diego Marine branch is hiring a Project Engineer. This is a specialized scope in our product portfolio oversees structural insulation, mechanical insulation and industrial work on navy ships. If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit the link to apply and submit a resume: https://careers-pcg.icims.com/jobs/1395/project-engineer/job. No previous marine construction experience is required; you can review the project portfolio and other information for PCI San Diego Marine at https://www.performancecontracting.com/branch/san-diego-marine/.
PPC (Added 10/18/2018) - Project Professionals Corporation (PPC) is hiring for the full-time position of Project/Construction Manager I. This is an entry level PM/CM position that will work directly for and in support of a senior level manager. The person selected for this position will learn and perform all aspects related to project and construction management of capital improvement projects. PPC is a San Diego based, growing mid-size civil engineering firm specializing in project and construction management. Please contact email@example.com for more information about this opportunity.