JOB AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
If you are interested in advertising your company's job/internship offer on our website, reach out to our chapter's Secretary at email@example.com.
LAST UPDATE: 12/9/2020
HPS Mechanical (Added 12/9/2020)
HPS Mechanical, Inc. is seeking a Construction Project Engineer to support and coordinate with the Project Manager and Superintendent on various projects. Assists in gathering, organizing and distributing information to team members. Must possess strong written and verbal
communication skills and manage time effectively The hired engineer will be working full time at the UCI jobsite.
Essential Job Functions:
∙ Prepare, review, and distribute RFI’s
∙ Maintains RFI log
∙ Ability to read blueprints and do take-offs
∙ Processing submittals
∙ Do change orders
∙ Process close out documents
∙ Request quotes from vendors and sub-contractors and analyze for best value
∙ Prepare and submit purchase orders
∙ Develop and maintain a schedule with the Superintendent
∙ Maintain appropriate job files
∙ Ensure company policy, procedures, and standards are met
∙ Proficient with Microsoft office, specifically Word and Excel
∙ Proficient with Bluebeam
∙ Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents and subcontracts
If you are interested reach out to Khaleel Abdulsattar (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and a personal statement.
See attached PDF for more details.
Hill Construction (Added 9/16/2020)
As an industry leader, Hill Construction excels in making the most technical projects look effortless and
turning a dream into a home. In order to continue growing and servicing our clients, all of our locations
are looking to add qualified and enthusiastic full-time Project Engineers (PEs) and Assistant Project
Managers (APMs). The PE/APM is a critical component of our winning team structure working alongside
Project Managers and Superintendents on various custom construction projects. PEs/APMs are
responsible for the management of project documentation and helping ensure quality and contractual
risk management throughout the project life cycle.
Hill Construction Project Managers and PEs/APMs work closely together, alongside the Superintendent,
to manage all areas of the construction process.
Day-to-day responsibilities of the PE/APM include:
• Bidding / Estimating
• RFI Management
• Subcontract Management
• Purchase Order Management
• Shop Drawing Management
• Change Order Management
• Project Billing Review/Approval
• Risk Management and Forecasting
• Submittal and Procurement Management
• Bachelor Degree (Construction Management, Engineering, or related field)
• 1-2 years direct experience with project schedules, RFIs, estimates, budgets, contracts
• Ability to read/bid construction plans
• Comprehensive knowledge of subcontractor scopes
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with project owners, architects and our office
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Management Software)
• P6/On-Center/Revit/Bluebeam experience a plus
• Sage/Timberline experience a plus
• Willingness to regularly visit and walk jobsites as well as work in the office
• Candidate must possess Hill Construction’s core values: passion, integrity, hard work and
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk jobsites with ease, and bend/stoop as
needed. Ability to lift or maneuver boxes without accommodation
How to Apply
Please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Helix Electric (Added 9/16/2020)
Currently Helix Electric is looking for part-time (24hrs+ per week) on-site operational interns to support Project Engineer responsibilities including Bluebeam updates, field QC, pricing, safety walks, etc. in san Diego. Attached is a more in-depth explanation
We are also looking for full time summer interns.
• Develop relationships with project managers, subcontractors, engineers, and vendors to ensure
a team approach and lay a foundation for building a career in the construction industry.
• Collaborate with superintendent to track material; maintains positive relationships with vendors
for tracking, coordination, and close-out purposes.
• Act as a champion of the Helix safety culture. Monitors and encourages jobsite safety and
• Engage in the Change Order process and is introduced to Accubid to assist with estimating.
• Partner with the project team to analyze subcontract agreements to better understand scope of
work and project pricing.
• Involved with material and equipment procurement.
• Collaborate closely with the BIM department and is directly involved in the coordination and
• Produce and maintain detailed job logs (transmittals, submittals, RFIs).
• Exposure to and monitoring of quality control.
• Manage labor schedules by working closely with superintendents and project managers.
• Create and order prefabricated assemblies to assist in planning and on time delivery.
• Walk jobs, learn the trade inside and out, and utilize knowledge to enhance overall company
Please reach out to Ryan White (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send your resume to him if you are interested.
Pardee Homes (added 3/11/2020)
Pardee homes has opened a position for a temp summer intern. This will be a fantastic opportunity to get a good foundation in the residential sector with a top home builder, and get some on the field management experience. Some of the typical duties will consist of assisting Superintendents with Quality Control, generating Punch Lists, teaming to prepare homes for homeowner turnover, coordinating city inspections, and managing job site logistics.
Some of the traits of the ideal candidate they are looking for would that they be punctual, know basic plan reading, be a good communicator, and have lots of initiative to take charge in taking on new tasks.
Link is below to apply online via the Pardee Homes career openings portal. Interested students should apply within the next two weeks. Feel free to have students reach out to me should they have any questions about the internship! If you have any questions please reach out to Mark Gonzalez at email@example.com
Anning Johnson (added 3/11/2020)
Job Title: Construction Management Intern
Location: San Diego Office - 8810 Rehco Rd, San Diego CA
Term: Summer 2020 (option to continue into Fall and Spring Semesters)
How to Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Tim Roberts, Project Manager)
If you are studying construction or engineering or just have an interest in the field, Anning Johnson can offer you experiences and training that is unmatched in the industry. You will immediately get exposure to active projects, including estimating takeoffs and job costs, drafting bid proposals, and taking part in project management activities. Our philosophy is that our employees take as much responsibility as they can handle and drive their own careers. Get real construction management and engineering experience as you work with our project managers and estimators on a range of activities, including:
- Quantity surveys / material takeoffs
- Job setup procedures
- Estimating total project costs
- Job execution procedures
- Competitive bid proposals
- Jobsite walkthroughs
- Contract negotiation activities
- Contract close-out procedures
Level 10 Construction (added 3/05/2020)
Level 10 is looking for students who are interested in working in construction. They are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. Level 10 has openings in 4 different positions: Cost Engineer Intern, Project Engineer Intern, Cost Engineer, and Project Engineer. Details about each position can be found in the PDF applications linked below.
Cost Engineer Internship - cost_engineer_intern_2020.pdf
Project Engineer Internship - project_engineer_intern_2020.pdf
Cost Engineer - cost_engineer_2020.pdf
Project Engineer - project_engineer_2020.pdf
Please visit Level 10's website to apply.
Layfield Inc. (added 1/27/2020)
Layfield has an exciting and rewarding opportunities available for Estimators (1 permanent and 1 internship) to join our Construction Group. This position will primarily be responsible for completing drawings, cost estimates, material take-offs and providing assistance to the Estimating team. Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment and your ability to multi-task will make you an asset to our team.
The Estimator positions will report to the Estimating Supervisor. The position will be based out of our San Diego office at 10038 Marathon Parkway Lakeside, CA.
- Digitize drawings in AutoCAD/Bluebeam to perform material takeoffs
- Review project plans and specifications to determine appropriate inclusions and exclusions for proposal letters
- Preparing material take-offs either manually or using CAD
- Soliciting and evaluating vendor and subcontractor quotes
- Communicating with contractors, engineers and owners to clarify project details, scope of work and other key information
- Ability to think analytically, identify problems and look for alternative answers
- Accurate and timely documentation of all communications, verbal and written
- Driven, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective and proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle competing tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment
- Independent but also able to work well within a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or working towards
- Experience with Bluebeam or WinEst would be considered an asset
- Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Interniship would not offer all benefits below. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.)
- 401K Contribution Package
- Vacation Benefits
- Relocation Package
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, holiday & family friendly events and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference Estimator – San Diego in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the company, visit their website www.layfieldgroup.com
Moor Electric (added 1/10/2020)
Project Engineer/Admin. Assist, Position $15-17/hr, depending on experience Part-Time, 15-20 hrs/week
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
-Ability to multi-task Attention to detail -Shows initiative -Highly organized -Ability to follow through on tasks until completion -Work effectively under pressure and with deadlines -Ability to prioritize tasks and to manage time effectively -Excellent telephone skills -Excellent verbal and written communication -Must be friendly and personable
- QuickBooks Experience -Experience with Excel spreadsheets & Microsoft Word
-Experience with Prism & DIR
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org